This magnificent Northern California tour blends the sights of sophisticated San Francisco with the inspired beauty found in California's national parks and picturesque areas, including its scenic towns-Carmel and Monterey. Spend two nights in San Francisco, where Globus has arranged a city tour of all the 'must see' sites. Other tour highlights include a stop in California's wine country for a tour and tasting at a Sonoma vineyard (another exciting adventure offered by Globus), and a cruise on beautiful Lake Tahoe. In Monterey, journey along 17-mile drive and enjoy views of the Lone Cypress, Pebble Beach Golf Links, and million-dollar homes. Spectacular scenery awaits you on this Northern California tour. Marvel at Lake Tahoe, North America's largest alpine lake surrounded by the magnificent Sierra Nevada Mountains. Enjoy the beauty of Yosemite National Park, one of the country's first wilderness parks with waterfalls, grand meadows, and ancient sequoias. Stand in awe as you witness the world's largest sequoia trees in Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, including General Sherman Tree, the world's largest tree (by volume). You'll overnight in the heart of Sequoia National Park at the Wuksachi Lodge, a beautiful stone-and-cedar mountain lodge surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Enjoy a stargazing program in Sequoia, where you'll witness the brilliant sky while listening to ancient and cultural stories about the constellations-another unique experience Globus has arranged for you! California offers some amazing scenery and on this Northern California tour, you'll have the opportunity to experience it plus much more. Be sure to bring your camera to capture this memorable vacation.
Call (864) 370-0394 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13749054
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Francisco||Welcome to San Francisco, gateway to your Northern California adventure. At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming journey.|
|Day 2||San Francisco||This morning, enjoy a sightseeing tour of San Francisco, taking in all the major sites. See Golden Gate National Recreation area, including the Golden Gate Bridge and the Presidio. Also, see Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, and more. After lunch at a local restaurant, the remainder of the day is free for you to explore more of this vibrant city on your own. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing, shopping, and dining. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Lake Tahoe||This morning, cross the Golden Gate Bridge and head to California's wine country for a guided tour of the wine caves and a tasting at the [LF] GLORIA FERRER CAVES & VINEYARD, makers of award-winning sparkling wines. Continue to beautiful Lake Tahoe for a 2-night stay. (B)|
|Day 4||Lake Tahoe||Today, enjoy a CRUISE on scenic Lake Tahoe. Learn how the lake was formed, some of its fascinating history, and enjoy fantastic photo opportunities. During your free time, you may want to take a hike, browse the local art galleries, or consider a trip on Heavenly Gondola (seasonal) for amazing views of the lake and valley below. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Yosemite National Park||Leave the shores of Lake Tahoe and travel to one of the first wilderness parks in the United States-YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK. The park is best known for its waterfalls, but within its nearly 1,200 square miles you can also find deep valleys, grand meadows, ancient sequoias, and much more. This afternoon, enjoy a VALLEY FLOOR TOUR that highlights the wonders of this incredible park. (B)|
|Day 6||Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks||Travel to SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARKS, the 'Land of Giants.' In these parks you'll discover a land of diversity and beauty-huge mountains, deep canyons, vast caverns, and the world's largest trees! Overnight inside the park at the Wuksachi Lodge. This evening, join in a [LF] STARGAZING PROGRAM, where you'll hear ancient and cultural stories about the constellations and enjoy an evening under the brilliant California sky. (B,D)SPECIAL FEATURE: Wuksachi Lodge sits in the heart of Sequoia National Park. The lodge is beautifully crafted of cedar and stone, and enjoys panoramic views of the surrounding forest and High Sierra peaks. |
|Day 7||Monterey||Spend more time this morning exploring these magnificent parks, which now protect nearly half the remaining sequoia groves in the world. See the General Sherman Tree, spend time at the Visitors' Center, and just relax in one of the most beautiful settings you'll find. We then continue across the farmlands of California to the coastal town of Monterey for a 2-night stay. (B)|
|Day 8||Monterey||Today's highlights include a journey along scenic 17-MILE DRIVE. Enjoy views of the famous Lone Cypress, Pebble Beach Golf Course, and million-dollar homes. Stop in the seaside town of Carmel-by-the-Sea, a haven for writers, artists, and celebrities. Spend time browsing the shops or perhaps take a stroll on the beach. Then, return to Monterey and visit Cannery Row, immortalized by John Steinbeck in his novel of the same name. Enjoy a special [LF] behind-the-scenes tour at the world-famous MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM. This evening, your Tour Director hosts a special farewell dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 9||San Francisco||This morning, travel back to San Francisco for our homebound flights. Please schedule flights after 1 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$900 to $1,040Triple Room Reduction per person:$225 to $235Extra Nights per person in San Francisco: in single room $304; in twin room $178; in triple room $141
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).